Using VLC Direct X Wallpaper we can set a video as wallpaper, its quite simple and user friendly. make sure you install the latest version of VLC
1. Open VlC, then Go to Tools>Preferences.
2. Then make sure that you change the Video setting as shown in the below given image :
3. Then click on Save.
4. After that Open a Video,
5. Then Go to Video and Click on Direct X wallpaper
6. Minimize VLC and you will be seeing video playing in desktop even when VLC is
7. To stop the Video simply press F5 or right click > refresh.